Darkness Arising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness Arising

The Darkness is Arising...

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat

Felt Like Ranting.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 am

Ah Art Class. Honestly I shouldn't complain. It's a reaaaaaaaaaally easy way to get service hours. I should be done with my requirement of 30 hours before school starts. ^^ But it is a very exciting experience, being an assistant for this Summer School art class. So I shall rant.

So for the little kids class (first and second graders) they had a very simple project. Cut shapes out of purple paper and glue them on a black sheet of paper. Not hard. All of them got it, except for one little boy.... here's a slight dramatization, my words in bold and his in italics.

Smile Will! You got shapes all over the floor! Pick them up please!

Okay!

Razz Now William. You have paper allll over the floor, silly. Pick it up!

*returns a few minutes later* Exclamation WILL! PAPER! ALL OVER THE FLOOR! (the kid had more paper on the floor than on his desk...) PICK IT UP NOW!

Okay!

*returns after making another round about the classroom* Mad Will. Really. GET THOSE SHAPES OFF THE FLOOR AND GLUE THEM ON THE PAPER!!! PICK 'EM UP!

A lot of them?

Mad PICK UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL OF THEM!!!!

I'm too tiiiireeeeeeed!!!

Evil or Very Mad I DON'T CARE! PICK UP THOSE SHAPES!!!

Okaaaay. *whines*

*growls and stalks off to admire how the other little children manage to keep their paper in their work area, and how they are nearly finished with their simple little project. Returns to Will...* scratch

I'm doooooone!

affraid *Gapes at two purple rectangles slapped on black sheet of paper* NO YOU ARE NOT! GLUE ALL THOSE SHAPES DOWN THAT YOU MADE!

*whines*

Mad AND QUIT WHINING! Follow directions Will, IT IS NOT HARD. *is feelilng like a Drill Instructor (DI)*

*whines again but picks up his shapes from the floor....AGAIN*

~Class ends. The other class is starting to walk in~

Razz *sighs* All right Will, you just need to take your shapes, pile them on your black paper, and put the paper on the back table so you can finish it tomorrow, okay sweetie?

I'm done!

Mad No. You're. Not. Pick up the shapes. Put them on the paper. Carry the paper to the back table.

*returns a moment later to find shapes all over the floor and...WILL RUNNING OUT THE DOOR!*

Evil or Very Mad WILL GET BACK HERE!!!!

*picks up his backpack, which he left behind, and Will runs back in again*

I forgot my backpack!

Mad Yes. Yes you did. YOU SEE THE PAPER YOU LEFT ALL OVER THE CLASSROOM?! PICK IT UP!

All of it?

Twisted Evil YES. EVERY. SINGLE. SCRAP. YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR BACKPACK OR GOING TO YOUR NEXT CLASS UNTIL YOU PICK UP THE PAPER AND PUT IT ON THE BACK TABLE LIKE I TOLD YOU TO!!!!!!!!!!!

Suspect Yesterday I thought this kid seriously didn't understand a lot of English. Now I'm convinced he just doesn't like following directions. Especially simple ones. Ah well, we shall see. He actually seemed to a sweet little kid during the other days I've seen him. *ponders* And you know what's funny? As soon as you really, I mean really act like you're mad or seriously threaten the kids, they act a little better. I am quite sure this is a home disciplinary issue, but you never know... silent
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 pm

it sounds like im needed, you'll have some fine stright military discipline with me.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:55 am

XD I don't think I've ever seen you work with little kids...
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:31 am

I don't like kids younger than 15. X.D
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 am

Wooooooooooooooooow Julie. ^^
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Character
Respect Level:
Felt Like Ranting. Left_bar_bleue50/100Felt Like Ranting. Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Calling: Darkness

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:02 am

ditto. They have lame jokes the love to tell hundreds of times in a row. makes me want to SWAT them. grr...

and pebble, If you were my teacher there, i would probably snap. calling kids sweetie is creepy beyond beleif. I mean, hello, it was only like 7 years ago you were a 7(or8) year old yourself. I mean, SYMPATHY women! sheeesh.
Back to top Go down
https://darkness-arising.rpg-board.net

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:56 am

I find the best way to deal with little kids is to ignore them or scare them away. Swatting leads to annoying crying which leads to annoying angry parents.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 am

VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY ANGRY PARENTS
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 am

exactly
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:50 am

*cowers*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:
Felt Like Ranting. Left_bar_bleue50/100Felt Like Ranting. Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 pm

yea. I have that problem when little kids try to tackle me. or throw rocks at me. or beat up littler girls, which p.o me. other then that, i ignore them, or just kinda grin at them until they shutup.

The best thing to do is threaten them to steal the soccer ball. That apparently freaks the shit outta them. But that only works during the summer.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:04 am

Today was my last day of Summer school yaaaaaaaaay and my service hours are done! *whoops*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 am

meheh. Today i sat on my butt and did nothing
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am

You could have made the map.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:57 am

Map? Enlighten me please.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:50 am

He was supposed to write out a verbal map, something like, "To the north of the land is the Frozen Flatlands, and as you go further east and south there is a river that seperates the territory from the ThunderClap Hills, etc".
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 am

Oh ok. That's definitely needed.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:23 am

blargness
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am

meh. working on it. I have to create it by rough drawing first. and that takes awhile for me. Non artistic.
Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:03 am

Wow way off topic. Think I'll lock this now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felt Like Ranting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt Like Ranting.   Felt Like Ranting. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felt Like Ranting.
Page 1 of 1